Ljubljanska borza, d. d., Ljubljana
A special index review on SBI TOP index composition and calculation parameters and a special review of compliance with liquidity criteria
On the basis of amendments to Instructions for the Index, Liquidity Criteria, Price List and Other Statistics (hereinafter: Instructions), which enter into use on 12 November 2016, the Ljubljana Stock Exchange reached a decision that, in accordance with the Instructions, a special review of the SBI TOP index composition and calculation parameters and a special review of compliance with liquidity criteria shall be carried out.
The new Instructions provide for the following changes:
- Related to SBI TOP:
- Changed index methodology, which now allows that shares from auction trading can be included in the index composition, whereby all shares in the index composition must, in addition to already valid conditions, fulfil also the precondition of achieving at least a 50% share of trading days with realised turnover (without blocks);
- It will now be possible to include between 5 and 15 shares in the composition (before between 5 and 10).
- Related to the review of liquidity criteria:
- The average daily turnover of executed trades with a security shall now be decreased to EUR 1,000 (before EUR 1,500);
- All debt securities shall now be included in continuous trading (before: in auction trading).
The special index review of the SBI TOP index composition and calculation parameters and the special review of compliance with liquidity criteria shall be carried out on the basis of the trading data for the period from 1 November 2015 to 31 October 2016 in a manner which is better suited to the changed level of liquidity of the securities on the Ljubljana Stock Exchange. Both reviews shall enter into use on 1 December 2016.
You will be informed about the results of the special reviews upon their completion in a standard manner.
Ljubljana Stock Exchange